Install help for Lexmark Z515 needed

My neighbor just got a Z515 printer and I am tasked with installing it under CUPS/Debian-sarge, kernel 2.4.?? We are waiting for a USB controller card to arrive (since her bare-bones machine is old enough not to have one built in), but I have been attempting to figure out the necessary driver for it in the meantime.

Google has turned up several interesting "how to's". In them, they mention that the Z600 CUPS Printer driver 1.0-1 from Lexmark (intended for RH 9.0) found on their web page works for the Z515. The downloadable file is actually a very large "script" containing some scripting language plus a lot of binary data.

I have read their README contained in the download as well as many archived messages concerning the Z515 (didn't find any mentioning Debian, however). Shell scripting is not one of my strong points, so it is kinda rough going in figuring out the script. It also appears Lexmark may have changed things since some of the messages were posted.

The actual download filename from their web site is:
CJLZ600LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz which eventually yields three files: a README, COPYING, and z600cups-1.0-1.gz.sh which I am trying to run.

I have not been able to run this shell script to completion, getting the following message:

Verifying archive integrity...OK
Uncompressing Lexmark Printer Driver............
./xlexinstall: error while loading shared libraries: libtcl8.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
The program returned an error code (127)

I am not sure what this message means. Has anyone had experience with installing a Lexmark Z515 with Debian (especially sarge)? I'd appreciate some pointers.

Thanks,
Don