Problem with Promise Ultra 133TX2

Dear Debian

I am having some probmes with this IDE ATA card.
My hardware:
Asus A8V Delux
1x AMD 64
2x Promise Ultra 133 TX2

Software:
Debian Sarge
Kernel AMD 64 2.6.10, std. not custom build.

When I only install one card, debian works 100%
But when I install card #2, I can se all my 8 harddisks, in the bios, but debian is only able to see the harddisks attached to one of the cards.

I have talked to Promise, and they cliam, that you can/could install as meany cards, as you have PCI slots/IRQ room.

I have tried to shuffle the cards in all possiable positions, and it dosn't work. I still can see all harddisks in the bios, but debian will only see the harddisks on one card.

I have searched on the net, and I can not sinde any solution, for this problem.

pls. note, I am NOT runnig any raid or anything else funny on my server.

The system is not using any of the disks on the promise cards, when booting.

regards
svend

Svend Gundestrup
Cedervænget 35, 2mf
DK-2830  Virum
Denmark

Phone:
        Private : (+45) 45 83 56 83
        Cellular        : (+45) 28 18 24 19

Email:
        Primary     :    svend_g@ofir.dk
        Secondary :      svend@gundestrup.dk

Homepage: Http://hjem.get2net.dk/svend.gundestrup
Stud. med. and NGRIP-FOM (University of Copenhagen)