Re: CD burner and eroaster without scsi-ide interface

On 12 Apr 2005 07:56:17 -0700, Francois <francois.rappaz@unifr.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to burn cd without the ide-scsi interface (with a 2.6
> kernel).
> cdrecord -prcap get my HP burner, but I would like to use a graphical
> tool.
> I was used to eroaster (2.1.0), but I can't get it worked now: my
> burner is not recognised.
>
> To install a higher version of eroaster, I would have to upgrade about
> 50 packages, and I prefer not.
>
> Is there a way to get the 2.1 version of eroaster working with ATAPI ?
> Is there another graphical soft I could use to replace it ?

Unfortunately eroaster seems to be hardcoded to use SCSI interfaces
rather than the native ATAPI interface used in kernel 2.6. Your
choices:
1) Downgrade to 2.4 to use the IDE-SCSI emulation
2) Hack on eroaster to use Linux native ATAPI.

A fine replacement for a graphical roaster software would be K3B.
--
Paolo Alexis Falcone
pfalcone@gmail.com