Re: scan to pdf

Matt Price wrote:
hey folks,

I need to scan in some documents and then distribute them
electronically as pdf files.  It's pretty important thatthe new file
look just like the original, so I don't want to do something clumsy
like save the individual pages as tiff files form gimp/sane and then
paste them into openoffice (though I'll do that if I have to).

what do other folks do?

matt

.''`. Matt Price : :' : Debian User
`. `'` 	     & hemi-geek
`- -------------------------- if you're an evil spambot, these addresses are for you: aardvark@derailleur.org, zeus@derailleur.org

Use convert which will convert (almost) any image format to whatever you want (including pdf). You can also use pdftk which will allow you to assemble pdf files. You can easily write a shell script to automate the process.

Olive