Re: 3d support for ati

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Vin Jacob wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2005 4:41 AM, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
>
> > Go here:
> > http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html
>
> AFAIK this driver does not support IGP 320/340 series. xorg provides
> native DRI support for my IGP340 though.

the firegl series are about 2x - 5x slower than the equivalent nvidia
9xxx controllers ( these run $500 - $1,000 with stereo and 3D .. )
- works good(fast) for crystallography and pushing molecules around

both firegl and nvidia based controllers are a bitch to get working
without flickers with the 3D stereo glasses ( less problems with nvidia )

c ya
alvin