Re: /dev/input/mice doesnt works

My mouse is usb optical mouse...that worked in Xorg with slackware
10...and I tried to modprobe mousedev and hid.
When I do cat /dev/input/mice with these modules loaded...it shows me
nothing...even if I move my mouse....but when I do cat /dev/psaux and
move my mouse...it show me a lot of strange things....and then I puted
it on XF86Config-4 and started the X server.
But my mouse got freak...starts to click everywhere and doesnt obey me :)
So I realize that the /dev/psaux doesnt works for me...but when I try
/dev/input/mouse is doesnt shows nothing.

Debian Sarge, kernel 2.4.27-k7, mouse usb