wmv 10 codec?

hi folks,

someone's sent me a bunch of movies in wmv format that I'm not able to
play using xine, mplayer, or vlc.  They are apparently in the format
used by Windows Media Player 10 -- I get  errors like these when I try
to play them:

vlc:
[00000258] main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for fourcc
`WMV3'.

mplayer:
Requested video codec family [wmv9dmo] (vfm=dmo) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Requested video codec family [wmvdmo] (vfm=dmo) not available.
Enable it at compilation.

does anyone know whether this format is supported by any of the
mediaplayers we have access to?

thanks,

matt

 .''`.       Matt Price