Re: 8212 ITE Raid controller

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 11:02:15AM -0700, Pete wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>     Quick question about the ITE 8212 controller. Has anyone found a
> useable driver for Sarge with the 2.4.27 kernel. The kernel is compiled
> with GCC 3 and the module from their site is compiled with GCC 2. If
> anyone knows of a compatable driver, I'd appreciate the help.

AFAIK you should get 2.6.11 with the latest ac patches. The ac patches
contain the driver for this card that Alan Cox has worked on. It works
pretty well and only has one minor issue initialising the hd (it isn't
sure what settings to give it so I set them via hdparm).

--
    "To the extent that we overreact, we proffer the terrorists the
    greatest tribute."