Something wrong with adduser

I am trying to configure my user directories so that no one can read another persons configuration.

Just to test my configuration, I ran dpkg-reconfigure adduser and
set the system wide readable directories to 'NO'
then I created a user.

That user has system readable home directories.

So does everyone else.

Where do I change this (/etc/adduser.conf), but what setting(s) affect this?

I want a directory to appear as the owner of directory being user.user and the accessability being 750, not 755.

Before I file this as a bug report I'm trying to confirm that it's bahaving incorrectly.