problem installing ATI 9700 on debian testing

hello all,

i am running debian unstable on my Fujitsu siemens laptop.

i have problem installing the 3D support to my video card(ATI Mobility Radeon 9700).

The contents of /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 is

Section "Device"

Identifier "ATI Technologies,Inc. RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10]
        Driver                "ati"

EndSection

all i could understand from googling that i am using the opensource driver which doesnt support 3D while the one who support 3D is closed source which is a problem on debian

i am a little new to debian so no big words please :)

thanks in advance