Re: need help

I used to have an alcatel dsl modem with BellSouth, but I had a DLink DSL router to provide the interface between the linux box and the dsl modem. Most DSL routers have an onboard DHCP server, so the router logs onto the alcatel modem and shares the connection with the linux box via the ethernet port. Just to provide you with a backup plan. Otherwise, I found the following on google.com/linux .

Hope this helps,

Hannuman

http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/dvrreg_lx.htm
http://www.linux-usb.org/SpeedTouch/
http://www.telenovela-world.com/~spade/linux/howto/DSL-HOWTO/speedtouchusb.html

Luke Heron wrote:

I have a question, I need to compile a driver to get my linux box running.
I need to compile a driver for an Alcatel speed touch usb modem.  I need
instructions on how and where to get it, how to install and what ever else
is necessary.  the only box I have running currently is unfortunately a ms
box.

can someone help, I want to use the debian box.

LWH

----