How to reinstall config files

Hi all,

I have googled and read man pages, but either I just
dont understand or figure out right key words for
this problem. Any help is highly appreciated.

I had apache2 installed and working. Then I removed
it with:
apt-get remove --purge apache2

I thought now there is no reference to apache2 what
so ever. A bit later I was in /etc and noticed that
apache2 directory was still there (containing some config
files)...

1st question: why was't that dir deleted?

I was confused about this and just deleted that dir:
rm -rf /etc/apache2

Now I would like to get apache2 back. I have tryed
following commands:
apt-get install apache2
apt-get install --reinstall apache2
apt-get -o DPkg::options::=--force-confmiss --reinstall install apache2
dpkg-reconfigure apache2
dpkg --install /var/cache/apt/archives/apache2_2.0.53-5_i386.deb
dpkg -i --force-confmiss /var/cache/apt/archives/apache2_2.0.53-5_i386.deb

but none of those wont install default config files
to /etc/apache2

2nd question: How can I perform full reinstall?

:)Marko