Re: Wcalc package.

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 03:58:22PM -0400, Xinjiang Lu wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> Does anyone know how to get wcalc installed on debian? I don't want to mess
> up with the system, so I want a precompiled wcalc.
>
> Btw, wcalc is a command line calculator. It is available in fink (ported to
> mac os X , X11).

apt-get install apcalc

 Calc is an arbitrary precision arithmetic system that uses a C-like
 language. Calc is useful as a calculator, an algorithm prototyper and
 as a mathematical research tool. More importantly, calc provides one with
 a machine independent means of computation. Calc comes with a rich set
 of builtin mathematical and programmatic functions."

There is also bc and dc, hopefully these will be able to match the
features you need.

--
Angelina Carlton