Re: The dreaded Dell GX260 Intel 845G Video Card

Le vendredi 08 avril 2005 à 13:15 -0500, Nelson Castillo a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> I had to upgrade the BIOS in a GX270 so it could work. There was a
> serious bug on it. I also had to increase the memory available to video.

The provided patch works around the buggy bios, hence no need to flash
it (btw more recent DELL bioses are buggy in various respects).

(the bug is : the bios always reports 1 Mb video Ram, even if you set it
to 8 Mb)

((please do not top-post))

> Nelson.-
>

> On Apr 8, 2005 1:09 PM, Aurélien Campéas <aurelien.campeas@uni.lu> wrote:
> > Le vendredi 08 avril 2005 à 14:07 -0400, Gallagher Timothy-TIMOTHYG a
> > écrit :
> > > To all the Debian wizards this on is for you (and to anyone else that can
> > > help out).  I Cannot get my Xfreeserve running on my Dell GX260 with the
> > > Intel 845G video card.  (yes I know that it is not a separate card)
> > > Can I run the Xserver with this card, I cannot find any success stories on
> > > the internet with this card. Here is my part of my XF86Config-4:
> >
> > there is one success story : http://www.chzsoft.com.ar/855patch.html
> > (yes it covers more than just the 855G card and the Optiplex 270)
> >
> > have you read it ? have you tried it ?
> >

> > You will be reincarnated as a toad; and you will be much happier.

Never commit yourself! Let someone else commit you.

the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.