Apt-get help?

Something happened to my file system. / and /usr had lots of errors. [Workstation install separate partitions] So I decided to re-install.

I moved my /var/cache/apt directory to Drive D of my Windows system to save it.

I installed the base-system OK. Got the package lists and did an upgrade. Moved the directory back into /var/cache. Knowing all the packages were there, I tried to install everything again. Seems not to realise the packages are actually in the archives... goes to download everything again.

Is there a way to use the packages I've already downloaded? I really don't want another 43 hours of downloads....

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.