Re: If I track testing, what happens when testing becomes stable?

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 03:38:50PM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 01:44:54PM +0100, andy@besy.co.uk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to install more up to date versions of some packages then are
> > available in stable.
>
> For my two Debian servers, I just use the packages at backports.org.

Me too, but I am not clear on what happens with the backports when you
track stable.  For example, one of the many backports I have is:
deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable clamav

The backport version is .83-1 and the testing version appears to be .83-5,
so when testing becomes stable, do I take out all of my backport
entries in my sources.list ??

or

I assume that the system will get the newest/latest package on its
own without me doing anything right?