Re: Grub issues booting Win xp

Am Donnerstag, 7. April 2005 09:35 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> I am sorry that I didn't make this clear. According to MS' document,
> FIXBOOT fixes the boot sector of the partition,
But the boot sector of the partition wasn't touched.

Maybe I'm just blind in the moment. I always thought that when windows gets
installed, it creates boot code in the mbr and boot code in the partitions
boot sector. The bios transfers control to the mbr and the mbr code transfers
control to the boot sector, from which windows is started.
So what exactly does a installer from e.g. debian do when it finds the windows
code in the mbr and wants to keep the possibility to boot windows?

Thanks a lot,
     Kevin