Re: gdm fails to start

Armands Upmalis wrote:

I have the same problem, all DE works fine, but gdm starting up for 10 - 15min...it is only for that user, when I log into gdm withdifferent users, gdm starts normaly...

Wait wait wait wait wait. Are you saying the problem occurs after typing in a username/passcode into the graphical login screen? If so, this is not a GDM problem; GDM _is_ the graphical login screen, and if you're getting that far, GDM is fine.

What's happening in this case is that whatever windowing environment chosen for that user is failing. It might be because of a setting in GDM for that user, or it might be related to that user's .xinitrc file, or etc.

--
Kent West
Technology Support