Re: timezones

Bruno Hertz wrote:

(snip)
> Well, I thought it wasn't actually that good after reading through it
> myself. Too verbose for my taste :) Anyway, I just recently dug through
> that stuff, and while not directly related to this particular problem, I
> can still recommend the wikipedia pages related to time zones, like
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_zone
> and all the stuff linked from there, i.e. daylight savings and such.
>
> Makes very interesting spare time reading and provides a good general
> background. E.g. I learned just there that the US has a 'Mountain
> Time Zone', which covers a pretty large area either. I always thought
> it was just eastern, central and pacific time, so that was a nice
> surprise. Also the difference between UTC and GMT is explained, and lots
> of other stuff. All very interesting :)
>
> Regards, Bruno.

Thanks for the education, Bruno!

Here's a tidbit that may help you when you visit the mountain time zone:
there's a Navaho Indian reservation in northern Arizona.  The Navahos set
their clocks ahead in the summer.  The rest of Arizona stays on standard
time all year.

So, if you get lost in Arizona in the summer, you don't know where you are
or what time it is! :)

Roby