timezones

Here in the UK we recently went to British Summer Time, putting the
clocks +1hr from GMT. On my dual boot (Debian + WinXP) it now seems I
have a problem. WinXP reports the correct BST time, whereas Debian is an
additional hour in front (ie GMT+2 instead of GMT+1) but I can't work
out why. A quick Internet search didn't throw anything up.

I'm running:
michael@manchester-campaigns:~$ uname -a;cat /etc/apt/sources.list
Linux manchester-campaigns 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002
i686 GNU/Linux

deb ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

with Real Time Clock Driver v1.10e

Not sure what other info to add (I thought there were msgs about
hardware clock at boot but not sure how to access these - not in dmesg)

Ta for any advice!
--
Michael Bane
Atmospheric Physics Group