Re: Reference on shell scripts

Bob Alexander wrote:
Oh, an afterthought. As the volume on this list is already quite high, if you feel I asked a stupid question why don't you just avoid replying ? (really not mening to start a flame but only sincerely curious).

It seems to me he that was trying to help you out by informing you that your question was to broad to be adequately answered. The volume of messages on this list is a non-issue. The list is here to help users out; helping them get help is part of this. I see no reason to turn him or anyone away as they are actually trying to help you.

Michael Spang