pose crashing: how to track responsible package?

pose 3.5-7 (emulator for PalmOS handheld software) is crashing for me
on startup (if there's no .poserc present) or on right mouseclick.
I'm on an up-to-date Debian testing system.  The previous version of
pose, which I'd probably had for close to a year, was working ok, but I
also updated several libraries on which it depends at the same time, so
I don't really know whether pose is to blame.

The error looks like a null dereference.  Here are the last few lines
from strace.

--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

To be honest, though, I have no experience with strace so I don't know
what to make of the results.

I'll eventually find time to build pose from sources and run under
gdb, but in the interim does anybody have tips for getting more
details on what's wrong from the binary.  I'd like to file a bug report
with some useful information in it.

Thanks,

--Eric House
* From the desktop of: Eric House, fixin@peak.org                            *
*        Crosswords 4.1.1 for PalmOS now ARM-native: xwords.sourceforge.net  *