Re: mdadm RAID array disappears on reboot

--- Alvin Oga <aoga@mail.Linux-Consulting.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, rds wrote:
>
> ..
>
> > Once array is reassembled it again functions well, until the next reboot.
> >
> > # cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
> > ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid5 num-devices=3
> > UUID=bf83863b:a8bafec0:572233db:f8753364
> >    devices=/dev/sda,/dev/sdb,/dev/sdc
>
> aren't those supposed to be /dev/sda1, /dev/sdb1, ...

I believe the mappings /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, ... are correct since I do not have
any other partitions on the RAID drives, i.e. the whole drive is given to RAID.

"#cat /proc/partitions" also shows the names sda, sdb, ...

> and presumably you have more than 3 disks in the raid5

Not really. Just 3 disks which is the minimum for RAID5.

Thanks