Re: bootclean.sh

Le Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:18:02 -0700, Bill Moseley a écrit :

> My grep skills are failing me.
>
> I lost power on a laptop when editing a message in mutt/vim.  I
> booted "linux single" but bootclean (AFAIK) still ran and wiped out
> my /tmp.
>
> Is there a trick to booting to avoid cleaning /tmp so I might be able
> to recover from such an irritating event?

single user mode (-s at boot prompt) is with the system initialisation
(rcS). What you where looking after is emergency mode (-b at boto prompt).

Don't mess the init script. It is not a warning just that if something is
wrong please report it upstream so it get fixed for anyone (though here
"mergency" is already available).

Regards
Alban