Re: Screen resultion on i865G

On 04/04/05 18:58 Chris Boot wrote:
Helge Tore Høyland wrote:

I *had* added the Modes lines before, but I took them out in case it wasn't exactly 1152x864. With them out the graphics settings can go all they way up to 1600x1200@60Hz, but that's positively tiny! ;-)

I tried fiddling with the VertRefresh / HorizSync and extended them to values I found by searching google for my monitor, especially since I found the following in my log:
(WW) I810(0): Generic Monitor: Using default hsync range of 28.00-33.00kHz
(WW) I810(0): Generic Monitor: using default vrefresh range of 43.00-72.00Hz

[snip]
At least now it seems I get a decent refresh rate (85Hz) at 1280x1024, which will do me just fine, but I don't actually know until I get to work tomorrow and have a real look. Would be nice to have 1152x864 though, since it's not too small...

Is there a way in which sarge will reconfigure this section of XF86Config-4 using some dialog box to choose the appropriate driver?

I have got pretty much the same issue but have no idea what range of settings should be in there. I configured it v. quickly on initial install without paying too much attention :(

Adam

--
Linux 2.6.11 Debian