Re: Aspell 0.60 and mutt

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005, Wayne Topa wrote:

>   In an effort to clean up my mail spelling/typos I am trying to get
>   aspell working with mutt, without much luck, it seems
>
>   I googled for how it 'should' be set up but none of the methods works
>   here. ie:
[ a few 'set ispell=aspell ...' options ]
> Is anyone able to get this version of aspell (0.60.2+20050121-1)
> working with mutt (1.5.6-20040907+3) or should I just give up and
> go with ispell?

The problem is probably the 'set' before the 'ispell=foo' (it shouldn't be
there).  I just gave it a try (identical aspell, mutt versions) and it
works for me.  All I have in my muttrc file is
  ispell="aspell -e -c"
I can invoke the spell-checker with 'i' at the compose screen.

FYI, if you still have problems, you should be able to catch the error
messages by redirecting stderr:
   mutt 2>mutt.err

-- Brad