Re: /etc/environment: syntax

> Hello,
>
> the syntax in /etc/environment is documented as:
>    VAR=value
>
> My questions:
> Can you specify several paths as value? (Are these paths delimited by
> colons?)
> Can i specify an existing environment variable in value? (How is the
> syntax there? $VAR or ${VAR} ?)

/etc/environment is sourced by the pam_env module of PAM.  See
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam-
6.html#ss6.5.  Unfortunately it doesn't say much about /etc/environment
except that in consists of VAR=VALUE pairs.  I guess you'll just have to
experiment to see what happens if you try to use something more
complicated.

Good luck,
Andrew.