nForce4 working / netinstall?

Hi guys,

I've got an nForce4 system. The last time I installed Sid on it, I had no sound or network support.

I see that on March 10, nVidia released new platform drivers (version 1.0-0301) for AMD64.

Two questions:
(1) Has anyone had any luck with these on Sid, so that you can use sound and networking?

(2) Is there a decent solution to the chicken-and-egg problem of using nVidia-supplied network drivers, with a Sid net-install?

My concern in (2) is that there will be a large # of packages that the net-installer will want to install, but won't be able to because it can't yet contact a repository. Even after I manage to install the nVidia drivers from a CD-R, I'll have no way of knowing which packages the installer would have installed but couldn't. Any suggestions?

Thanks very much,
Christian

--
Christian Convey