Re: SSL problem + Apache 1.3.33

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 09:35:03PM +0100, Stelios A. wrote:

> Error log also gives the following:
>
> [Sun Apr  3 21:25:51 2005] [error] [client myip] Invalid method in
> request \\x80g\\x01\\x03\\x01

at first glance this looks like the HTTPS request are being handled as
if they were normal HTTP requests -- which can't work...  (this might
be due to some misconfiguration we'll have to figure out yet :)

To verify that hypothesis, try to access the same URL at port 443, but
with protocol HTTP (no S!), so instead of pointing your browser at

https://server/path/to/page

type

http://server:443/path/to/page
^^^^         ^^^^

If it works then (of course without SSL/certificate and stuff), Apache
is listening on 443, but expecting to get normal HTTP requests there...

> Where can I set the ssl_engine_log to trace or debug?
> I add in my virtualhost the following:
>
> SSLLog /var/log/apache/custom_ssl.log

simply add a line

SSLLogLevel trace

and look in the file specified with SSLLog  (and don't forget to
restart apache :)

Almut