Re: intrusion via ssh

On Friday 01 April 2005 06:27, Bob Alexander wrote:
>Michelle Konzack wrote:
>> So, if I reinstall my Linux Router for the 4 ADSL Modem-Routers
>> I will reinstall a script, which, if it detects an aggression,
>> answer with an automated upload of a rootkit...
>>
>> And if you think, i can hit innocents, then I answer, that the
>> owner of the Computer is responsable for this whats going on with
>> his/her computer/server.
>>
>> If they permit people to do cracking, it is not my problem if I
>> erase a Database of 3 TBytes...  (already done in Italy)  :-)
>
>Michelle,
>I am no-one to tell you how you should behave and express only my
>personal opinion, but I find counterstrikes to be ethically,
>philosophically and probably legally unacceptable.
>
>Bob

Maybe so Bob, but I'm certain you'll agree that the legal systems,
regardless of your home territory, have been considerably less than
helpfull in this regard.  No lesson is learned by the script kiddies
and such of this world if the ruler rapping their knuckles for bad
behaviour is 6 months to 2 years in coming.  It needs to be done in a
manner they won't forget, while they are engaging in the activity.

If that means a few formatted hard drives using dd to
send /dev/urandom to it, so be it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)