Re: running gnome twice on different consoles

On Monday 28 March 2005 11:15, M Maas wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I've got mythtv[1] running quite happily on my system.
> The rest is running perfectly happy as well. I can browse, write,
> etc under Gnome.
>
> I can't do these two at the same time though.
>
> What I want to do is run gnome on tty7 and tty8. With one mouse and
> keyboard. Simply switching between the two.
>
> Preferably, run one gnome on a framebuffer on the tvout of my tv
> card (Hauppauge PVR 350) with myth running on that one, and a second
> gnome on tty7 with my normal ATI Radeon 9000 and monitor.
>
> Not asking for any solutions, but if anyone has any experience
> please share?
>
> Thanks List,
> Mark

This shouldn't be a problem, provided you use different users.  Don't try to
run as the same user.

Alternately, you can use 2 tty's as the same user, but don't run the same
environment in both.  That is, use KDE in 1, Gnome in the other, or any of
the myriad of other window managers.

Hope that helps,
Justin Guerin