Re: sarge and webmin

Forrest Humphrey wrote:
> I have a question just to cure my curiosity.  Why is Sarge's webmin
> lacking almost all of the useful modules?  For instance, webmin-dhcpd,
> webmin-mysql, webmin-snort, webmin-squid, webmin-sshd all exist in Woody
> and Sid but not in Sarge.  Did the Sarge package maintainer die?  Switch
> to Gentoo?  <gasp>Switch to Windows???

webmin-dhcpd, webmin-mysql, webmin-squid, webmin-sshd:
	Removed from testing due to release critical bug #296494.
	The bug was fixed 2 days ago, the package should re-enter
	testing shortly.
	(Also affected webmin-adsl, webmin-apache, webmin-bandwidth,
	webmin-burner, webmin-cfengine, webmin-cpan, webmin-exports,
	webmin-frox, webmin-fsdump, webmin-heartbeat, webmin-htaccess,
	webmin-jabber, webmin-ldap-useradmin, webmin-logrotate,
	webmin-lpadmin, webmin-mailboxes, webmin-mon, webmin-openslp,
	webmin-postgresql, webmin-ppp, webmin-pptp-client,
	webmin-pptp-server, webmin-procmail, webmin-pserver,
	webmin-quota, webmin-samba, webmin-sarg, webmin-smart-status,
	webmin-software, webmin-spamassassin, webmin-status,
	webmin-stunnel, webmin-updown, webmin-vgetty, webmin-webalizer,
	webmin-wvdial)

webmin-snort:
	Present in both testing and unstable as I write this.
	Not in woody BTW.

--
see shy jo