launching firefox from multi-gnome-germinal [was:a la m-g-t]

Clive Menzies wrote:
I'm just experimenting with xfce (finding kde to cumbersome) and it has
some nifty touches, including the above.

well, tried it out -- it's very nice, maybe a little less flexiblethan m-g-t, but on my system the display is unsaitsfactorily ugly. will try to work out the kinks.

In the meantime, I guess I'll try to get gnome-terminal working. I fixed my font problem, using the font Fixed(misc) -- now it looks perfect! But does anyone know how to set mgt-helper so that clicking on a url in multi-gnome-terminal opens a new tab in firefox?

I'm thinking something like this:
in .gnome/Gnome:
http-show=mgt-helper -u "%"

in .mgt-helper.rc:
HTTP_HELPER="/usr/bin/firefox --remote (openurl('%s',new-tab)"

or else just, in .gnome/GNome:
http-show=/usr/bin/firefox --remote 'openurl("%s",new-tab)'

but I can't make either of these work.  In fact, I seem to have broken
Oh, and also,
mgt-helper -m <a href="mailto:me@localhost";> gives a bash error, rather than opening up mutt. anyone have any ideas?

thanks as always,
matt