xterm "open link" command a la gnome-terminal

hi folks,

just noticed that gnome-terminal has a neat feature that idenifies
http:// strings (and doubtless others) as hyperlinks and allows you to
lick on them.  I would love to have a feature like this in another
terminal program -- something closer to xterm, which is the terminal I
use most often (I made substantial efforts to get it looking the way I
liked years ago, and other terminals always seem pretty ugly to me
now).  Anyone know if other terminals have this feature?

thx,

matt

 .''`.       Matt Price
: :'  :      Debian User