Experimental cyrus22 packages (preview of upcoming official packages) available on alioth

Hi.

In a joined effort, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh and myself created preview packages for the upcoming official cyrus22-imapd packages. Some more interested maintainers joined the project so that bugfixes/updates to cyrus22 should be done quite regularly.

We invite you to test and use the packages, but we must warn you that the packages might not yet be as stable as they should be, so please don't use them in a production environment unless you know _exactly_ what you are doing. Having said that warning, I confess that I use the packages in a production environment (not really important, temporary failures are OK on that system).

If you want to check the packages, either download the source package from alioth (https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-cyrus-imapd/) or download them from my homepage:

# apt-get repository for i386 binaries
deb http://incase.de/cyrus22/i386/ ./
# apt-get repository for a,d64 binaries
deb http://incase.de/cyrus22/amd64/ ./
# apt-get source repository
deb-src http://incase.de/cyrus22/ ./

I'm keen on receiving feedback both on the binary packages as well as the source package. We had (unreproducable) build problems reported against the first preview package, so reports against the source package are really welcome, both for successes and failures.

For now, please send bug reports (and success stories) to:
pkg-cyrus-imapd-debian-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

Even though I personally use the package in a production environment, it is strongly discouraged to do so. The packages aren't well tested and might be _really_ unstable. You have been warned.

cu,
sven

PS: We know others already packaged cyrus22-imapd unofficially. However all the packages I saw had problems I eliminated with the above packages (for example build problems when using fakeroot or build problems regarding the perl elements of cyrus22-imapd). Also, this is the packaging of cyrus22-imapd which will enter unstable in a while in accordance to HMH's ITP (#221894).