Re: recently upgraded to 2.6.8 on sarge no eth0

mike holden a écrit :

I recently upgraded to sarge, and then decided What
the hell! I'll upgrade the kernel while i'm here. So I
:
apt-get -install kernel-image-2.6.8
and it started to install. scary thing is, it didn't
ask me any questions reguarding modules I wanted to
install or anything. But right after I did that I
rebooted to check the install. Now X won't start (No
core pointer) error and eth0 is (Device not found)
Have you load the correct module ? (modprobe psmouse or usbmouse for your mouse, i don't know the module name for lynksys NIC)
If that work, put these modules in /etc/modules

when I ifup. any idea why? My NIC (linksys) runs off
of the tulip driver so it isnt any big NIC card driver
problem i don't think. and it worked with the 2.2.*
woody kernel. TIA

Michael Holden |=|CyberHazard|=|
E-mail
phone:(772)341-2238