Re: stupid question

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 11:56, Michiel van Es wrote:
> How do I update/upgrade my old kernel to the latest secure kernel with apt?
> This is my /etc/apt/sources.list:
> deb http://www.debian.nl/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb http://www.debian.nl/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
> deb http://www.debian.nl/debian-security stable/updates main contrib
> non-free

Just do:

    apt-cache search kernel-image | less

To see what kernels are available, and:

   apt-get install kernel-image-2.x.y

to install the one you want from that list.  There are usually also
kernel-image.2.x packages, which will automatically upgrade to the newest .y
version as one becomes available.  That seems to have fallen behind on
debian/powerpc though, so I'm not sure if it's still being developed.

Anyway, hope that helps to get you started :)

--
Lee.