Re: AIX and Debian packages

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 05:40:18PM -0800, Richard A Nelson wrote:

> Does anyone know of a Debian (unstable preferable) package repository
> for AIX (5.2) ? Google hasn't (yet) turned up anything promising...
I would recommend to try out IBMs rpm packages first:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/altlic.html

Then there is bullfreeware:
http://www.bullfreeware.com/

To get a Debian like feeling I would try to compile apt-rpm. It's working
on Solaris so it might be possible to compile it on AIX with minimal changes.
https://moin.conectiva.com.br/AptRpm

My borrowed RS/6k running AIX 5.1L is out of disk space ATM so I cannot
try to compile apt-rpm on it.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak