OT: Kinda 760XL TP

I have an old IBM ThinkPad 760XL.  I am considering removing windows from it.
The hard part is it does not support booting from cdrom.  I have a the sarge
net install disk, knoppix live  and suse live eval disc but cannot for the
life of me figure out how to get this thing to boot from the cdrom(there are
no bios updates for it either).

Any ideas tips directions for getting the live cd to boot so I can decide
whether or not it would be worth running debian on this laptop.

Thanks in advance,
--

Bill Day

"A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he can give and
ever wanted.."
http://counter.li.org #384146  284016