Re: Hard Lockups can't happen (can they?)

On Sunday 27 March 2005 17:09, Paul Fraser wrote:
> Not if the fan were stopped entirely.

Thanks for the idea's guys BUT

The computer runs for hours (all yesterday afternoon, evening and through the
night) without problems yet...

...hangs solid within seconds of using konqueror (from KDE 3.4 from
experimental).

So IT COULD BE a very specific hardware fault, but ... I can still browse
perfectly happily for hours with Firefox.

and WHY can a userland application such as konqueror crash the operating
system. (and more importantly HOW do I put some debug in to find out what is
doing it).

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk