Re: Hard Lockups can't happen (can they?)

On Sunday 27 March 2005 11:25, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sunday 27 March 2005 02:19 am, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > Obviously nothing appears in the logs, as the last few writes to
> > disk are lost, so has anyone any ideas about how to debug this?
>
> Double check and make sure all drive and power cables are plugged in
> securely, and it might not hurt to take out and reseat the RAM on the
> motherboard.  Usually when I see that kind of weirdness, it's
> indicative of a loose connection.

I find it stange that if its a hardware problem that its software thats
causing it.  But I am double checking this.

Another datapoint is that when I complete a game of Sirtet it also is crashing
- I think when it is reading/updating the worldwide scores.  So it looks to
be communications related.

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk