Re: OT: Exporting a BASH prompt from a script

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 04:57:17PM -0500, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> I'm having a strange problem.  I've installed some new systems and I can
> change the prompt as I want, but if I write any kind of script, and change
> the prompt within the script, it doesn't change the prompt.  This is even
> with a short 1 line script that does nothing but change the prompt.

Uh... well... yeah.  What did you expect to happen?  You launch the script,
the prompt changes in the subshell, then the subshell ends, and you're back
in the original shell with its original prompt.

Seems rather obvious.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Life is fraught with opportunities to keep your
 msw@cox.net |     mouth shut.