Re: en1371--was: Any MIDI/audio sequencer out there that works ?

On Friday 25 March 2005 18:00, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> | In windows, one can install a wave-table file of 8meg of samples for
>
> use with
>
> | this card. I do not know how to get that supported in Linux.
>
> Otherwize, the
>
> | card is just an old fashioned game-port MIDI interface, no sounds of
>
> its own.
> Hi once again David!
> If I understand it right then what you call wavetable-file are the
> soundfonts that software synthesizers like timidity use. There are a
> bunch available, timidity suggests freepats for example.
> When I had finally solved the problems with getting midi to work,
> someone gave me a list of even better soundfonts than freepats (which
> are significantly larger in size of course), anybody who is interessted
> should just search the archives of debian-user, it wasn't to long ago
> (meaning 2005).

Soundfonts are their own scene. TImidity uses wave tables made for it. The
en1371 has wave table built for it, available on creative's site. When you
set up the card in windows, you get the choice to have it use this file. I
downloaded the largest one--8 meg--it is a respectable GM/ some GS sound set
but not really for professional use. Doesn't hurt to have a few spare patches
around, however.

I have found no ALSA support for using these files.