[OT] Html/JS help on a local debian package search page

Hi,

Sorry, this Html/JS question is completely off the topic. But I don't know
where is the most appropriate place to ask. Just hoping if somebody here
can give me a hand.

What I want to know is a bit complicated, so I'll explain with an example.

I want to make a local search page for debian packages, so I don't need to
burden and wait for the remote site just to enter the search string.

All that I want on the search page is:

a input box "search" _______

a radio box says:

( ) stable
( ) testing
( ) unstable

The radio box determine which string to prefix the search string. For
example, if "testing" is selected, the prefix string would be:
"http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=searchword&case=insensitive&version=testing&arch=i386&word=";,
so if "media player" is entered in search box, the whole url would be

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=searchword&case=insensitive&version=testing&arch=i386&word=media+player

Then the local search page is refreshed as the new url above.

How can I do this? A sanity check of not-selecting any radio option would
also be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

tong