Re: "Knowledge Base" software?

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 07:37:09AM -0600, Rick Taylor wrote:
> stan wrote:
>
> >It occurs to me that we could use, at work, some sort of web based
> >"knowledge base" software.
>
> There's too many "real" knowledgebases to list them all...The best way
> to find something appropriate might be to search at sourceforge.net
> {dselect for that matter}.
>
> This is really good:
> http://www.opencyc.org/

[...]

i doubt this is what stan needs.
what you propose here are merely building blocks for knowledge management
solutions.

if this is, what you need take a look at the whole semantic web buzz!

semanticweb.org
www-agki.tzi.de/swc
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/

Semantic Web
Project or Product Sites

    * P2P.SemanticWeb.org
    * OpenCyc.SemanticWeb.org
    * DAML.SemanticWeb.org
    * TRIPLE.SemanticWeb.org
    * Ontobroker.SemanticWeb.org
    * Annotation.SemanticWeb.org
    * imorph.SemanticWeb.org
    * Protege.SemanticWeb.org
    * SWAG.SemanticWeb.org
    * COHSE.SemanticWeb.org
    * SymOntos.SemanticWeb.org
    * HealthCyberMap.SemanticWeb.org
    * NetworkInference.SemanticWeb.org
    * SWTA.SemanticWeb.org
    * OntoWeb.SemanticWeb.org
    * KAON.SemanticWeb.org
    * OntoKnowledge.SemanticWeb.org
    * SUMO (Suggested Upper Merged Ontology)
    * CCSW.dfki.de

this whole thing is active field of research in computer science and
artificial intelligence.

I could give some more specific advice on that for it is one of my major
fields of resarch if you want...

greets
mlo
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz

            They that can give up essential liberty
	    to obtain a little temporary safety
	    deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                   Benjamin Franklin

Microsoft, I think, is fundamentally an evil company.
 - JAMES H. CLARK

*** NEW PUBLIC KEY ***
my gpg-key ID: F1AAD37D
http://blackhole.pca.dfn.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF1AAD37D