Re: Any MIDI/audio sequencer out there that works ?

Well, I got rid of the old ES1371 card and bought a new SB Audigy 2 ZS :-)
WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Those onboard sound "systems" are really trash!
Just noisy and lots of distortion! The few extra bucks for the Audigy
are a really good investment! :-)

MIDI playback also works very well :-)
Just one issue I encountered:
http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/resources/faq/#toc38
5.9.  Only notes at the very start of the composition are played at all
--> solved!

So I'm very happy now and I'm off to compose a few hits ;-)
Thanks to all who replied! Very much appreciated!

Best regards,
Hannes.