Re: Any MIDI/audio sequencer out there that works ?

On Friday 25 March 2005 05:12, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> > The card seems to be recognized:
> > # aplay -l
> > **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
> > card 0: AudioPCI [Ensoniq AudioPCI], device 0: ES1371/1 [ES1371 DAC2/ADC]
> >   Subdevices: 1/1
> >   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> > card 0: AudioPCI [Ensoniq AudioPCI], device 1: ES1371/2 [ES1371 DAC1]
> >   Subdevices: 1/1
> >   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> >
> > jackd is started when rosegarden starts up.
> > rosegarden says, audio is OK, but nothing is audible !?
>
> And I can neither play midi files with kmid or pmidi. No error
> messages - kmid plays the midi-file, but nothing is audible...

This card works just fine for audio. Open the mixer and unmute it (alsa
default everything muted. If you use KDE for Rosegarten, make sure ITS kmix
is on your panel and volume set, unmuted there!

In windows, one can install a wave-table file of 8meg of samples for use with
this card. I do not know how to get that supported in Linux. Otherwize, the
card is just an old fashioned game-port MIDI interface, no sounds of its own.