Re: Net install question

At some point I inadvertently took the discussion with Paul Condon off-list, my apologies.

It seems I was confusing being Debian-like (Knoppix) with being Debian and that's where my main problems were. I'll be installing Sarge (rather than trying to get Knoppix to mutate to Sarge) and not using all the debs I downloaded as Paul suggested that there may be version conflicts. Easier to just start afresh.

My thanks to Paul for all his help. It's been invaluable. I've learned a lot! :)

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.