Re: Need to monitor HTTP traffic

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Dan wrote:

> I work at a company that deals almost entirely with mod_proxy... <br>
> apachetop is neat.. <br>
> I use iftop and nload a lot as well<br>
> also, tcpick is nice.<br>
> theyre all in the apt-get repository too<br>

more toys to play with one day

> >     <pre wrap="">Is there a program that I can run on my system that
can monitor traffic on a
> > port, including listing it?  I need to see the headers on HTTP
requests and

> Sure.  Use iptraf.

i dont think that shows the http headers .. from from/to and general
packet

if you just want to see who and what is connecting frm where to
which ports and log um ..
	ippl is trivial

if you want to see the contents of the packets
	pfilt.pl  is the simplest/fastest/human-readable sniffer
	vs tcpdump which is a bunch o hex data

c ya
alvin

- html email should be banned from earth .. :-)
  or at least pay 2x or 3x for sending that amt of extra data