Re: [SOLVED] Can't add gnome2.6 menus and items

Rick Macdonald wrote:

All my searching turns up the same instructions but it doesn't quite work. I've created a menu under Applications, but the only items that I can add to this menu are ones that I copy/paste from elsewhere, such as gnome-terminal and other apps. If I create my own launcher either from the menu pop-up or from nautilus, I get corresponding files created in ~/.gnome2/vfolders/applications, but nothing I've tried will make them appear in the menu. The menu itself appears on the main menu and I can get a copy of it onto the panel.

Never mind, I ran apt-get and upgraded 50 or 60 packages that had any mention of gnome, and all the menus sprang to life with the items I had been trying to add. I guess either there were conflicts due to a mixture of gnome 2.6 and 2.8 packages, or a bug that got fixed.

...RickM...